General Knoledge & General Awareness Important Mock Test – 1 For APPSC & TSPSC All Competitive Exams Special
1. India’s first-of-its-kind ‘Voter Park’ was inaugurated in ………….., which is aimed at increasing voter awareness and educating people about the electoral process.
2. The 21st ASEAN-India Senior Officials’ Meeting (SOM) was held in:
(a) New Delhi
3. World’s foremost Artificial Intelligence (AI) Summit to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society was held in?
4. Abdel Fattah Abdelrahman Burhan is currently serving as de facto Head of State of:
5. Paisalo Digital signed the first co-origination loan agreement with …………, the first agreement of its kind in the country that State Bank of India has signed.
(a) HDFC Bank
(b) ICICI Bank
(c) State Bank of India
(d) Andhra Bank
6. Researchers from …………. have developed a novel sensor that can be used in smartphone-sized devices to detect dangerous chemicals based on a unique fingerprint of absorbed and emitted light.
7. In a bid to build resilience against the impact of climate change, premier fisheries research institute CMFRI and the …………. have joined hands to map, validate and protect smaller wetlands by restoring them through coastal livelihood programmes. (a) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
(d) World Wetlands Organization
8. In April 2019, Inzamam-ul-Haq and ……………. were inducted as the Honorary Life Members of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC).
(a) Mark Boucher
(b) Rahul Dravid
(c) Sourav Ganguly
(d) Anil Kumble
9. Gelete Burka (women’s race) and Abrha Milaw (men’s race) won the 43rd edition of the Paris Marathon. These two athletes are hail from:
10. Indians across the country paid tribute to those who lost their lives in the Jallianwala Bagh massacre on:
(a) 11 April, 1919
(b) 12 April, 1919
(c) 13 April, 1919
(d) 14 April, 1919
11. Name the Indian, who has made it to Fortune magazine’s 2019 list of the world’s greatest leaders.
(a) Ravindran Kupuswamy
(b) Arunachalam Muruganantham
(c) Amit Ranjan Dwivedi
(d) Saggurthi Ramrajan
12. How many member committee having representatives from GST Network (GSTN), central and state governments have been formed to examine the electronic tax invoice system of South Korea, Latin merica and other countries and suggest a model for India?
13. Recently, IRDAI forms panel to review micro insurance framework. Who has been made the chairman of the 13member panel?
(a) Deepak Talwar
(b) Suresh Mathur
(c) Amar Ranjan
(d) Mahesh Baranwal
14. Recently, ……. and UNICEF India signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) to provide an open platform to promote participation, skilling and empowerment among young children across different communities.
(a) NITI Aayog
(b) Women and Child Development Ministry
15. Which of the following countries is set to abolish its controversial exit visa system for all foreign workers by the end of 2019?
(a) Saudi Arabia
(d) South Sudan
16. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will issue new Rs 20 denomination banknotes. The new note will have a motif of:
(a) Ellora caves
(b) Qutub Minar
(c) Swaminarayan Temple
(d) Lotus Temple
17. Which of the following India’s leading private sector banks announced the launch of ‘digital first’ propositions for the bank’s 40+ million customers?
(a) Yes Bank
(b) HDFC Bank
(c) ICICI Bank
(d) RBL Bank
18. Who among the following has been appointed as India’s High Commissioner to Seychelles recently?
(a) Vishwa Nath Sharma
(b) Bipin Chandra Joshi
(c) Kodandera Subayya Thimayya
(d) Dalbir Singh Suhag
19. Recently, Derek C Lalchhanhima received PETA Award For Gesture. Derek C Lalchhanhima belongs to:
d) Arunachal Pradesh
20. Who is the first woman umpire ever to stand in a men’s One-Day International?
(a) Claire Polosak
(b) Annbele Johnson
(c) Clarke Belinda
(d) Derikes Mert